Friday, March 27, 2009

Thesis deadline's near.. exp not finished.. I'm doomed..

This is bad.. Last week the only stock of T.evansi in UKM died leaving my experiment stuck and unable to proceed.. Damn.. Luckily, our neighbouring university, Universiti Putra Malaysia, UPM was willing to provide us new stock of the parasite... Thank you UPM Thank you!! For your information, that was my first visit to UPM and I asked Farid to come along.. UPM was ok.. the scenery was beautiful..
 
Why did the T.evansi die? Liquid nitrogen which is used to cryopreserve the parasite has run out causing the parasite to run freely and with no nutrition, in the end, all died.. Well, I'm not blaming anyone.. The staff of lab 2120 didn't expect the liquid nitrogen to run out so quickly.. It was my responsibilty as well.. I didn't know that the liquid nitrogen lasts for only a week or 2.. I should've maintained my own stock.. Why didn't I maintained the stock in the first place? 1st: Lazy, 2nd:waste of fuel, 3rd: Waste of Mice and 4th: I was waiting for my Berenil to arrive which I don't really know when back then.. ok,ok I admit.. it's my fault.. I hate myself for being lazy..

Now that I have my parasite, the problem now is do I really have time to proceed?.. To tell you the truth, I don't have time.. The experiment for Berenil needs at least 15 days... I have to hand in my thesis draft on 10th of April.. sigh.. ok, ok, let's think positive for a second, at least UPM is willing to provide me the parasite.. (T.T)

5 comments:

  1. ko gi belasah cik nan....bak kata abng shuk...hahah..!!!! arghh...he mentioned my name...is it coz of the snake plate dat i belanja u....haha..yar..i'm glad to teman u to upm aswell...kudos upm veterinary medicine faculty...thanx to dr rubern....wawawa

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey. too many complications with the scientific term which reminds me of the fact that im not a science student. never into it though, so pening sket baca term term yg u wrote down. but one thing i could relate to is the assignment. gosh, i went thru something similar. nak present "a day with a journalist" in two days and i baru kelam kabut nak gi carik journalist. giler tak. hahaha. but yeah, i managed eventually. and i know you'll manage too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Farid: Kalo ak belasah En. Nan abihla brg2 lab tk dpt nk gune...

    Nazirah: uish.. well I think these things are supposed to happen in life I guess.. we can only plan and pray for it to go well.. heh.. congrats

    Dya: THX :)

    ReplyDelete