Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thesis

Now the moment you've all been waiting for..

The thing that's keeping me busy since last semester.. my thesis.. jeng, jeng jeng.. My Thesis is entitled 'Kesan Teh hijau(Camellia sinensis) terhadap Jangkitan Trypanosoma evansi secara in vivo dalam Mencit (Mus musculus)'..What I'm currently trying to do is to find out whether green tea has any effect on this parasite or not.. That's it... sounds simple huh??

To briefly explain about my experiment, first, I prepared the parasite stock.. T.evansi, then transfer to my mice for experiment.. then treat them with green tea which consist of various concentrations in two ways, force-feeding and injection... If you want to know more read my full thesis.. which doesn't exist yet.. XD

My experiment is supposed to be short and can finish in one month... because this parasite if not not treated can kill my mice in at least 5 days... BUT... I had to face many problems.. Minor ones that slows the process.. well, I don't want to brag around about my problems.. instead, I'll show you the near death experience of one of my mice experiments:







I know to some people, this seems very cruel.. We scientists do not intend to kill them.. we're testing new stuff on them just to make our lives better.. (that sounds a bit selfish now doesn't it? XD). It's not like we WANT to kill them on purpose or anything.. So, animal lovers out there, please give us a break.. I'm not some kind of mad scientist(Hopefully won't turn out as one)Well, what we can do is be thankful to them for sacrificing and giving us good information and discovery from the experiments.. I DO feel guilty of doing this to them and sometimes I screw up making there lives not worth dying.. Anyway, I'll do the best that I can to minimize the screw ups...

3 comments: